Welcome

Who am I? I am a wife, a mother and a woman on a search for her true self. This blog is a recording of my search, my experiences, and my own little quirks that I've decided to share with the world.

I am also unemployed, changing professions through education, and involved in a move from one part of the country to another. This blog will also record all the trials and tribulations in my search for a realtor to sell, the communications with the realtor that I've chosen in the new area, and any and all experiences within. I look forward to the feedback.

Basically - a woman's diary - edited for the public and to share my thoughts, feelings and impressions of the world around me.

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving...The day we give Thanks for the creation of the "New World" - the day that the pilgrims were giving thanks to the Indians (aka Native Americans)for teaching them how to live in the New World.

Today, I'm thankful, not for these things, but for Family. My husband, is deployed to lands that are a world away. But my family rallied and they're here supporting me and my son. My husband, meanwhile, had a crappy Thanksgiving...The man who lives for turkey, dressing (aka stuffing), green bean casserole, orange salad (I don't eat it, but I make it), pecan pie with ice cream, mashed potatoes (as you can tell this list is not in eating order), jellied cranberry sauce, and more turkey - all served with a good white wine...was told when he went to dinner that they only served Thanksgiving dinner at lunch...thankfully, wherever he is, they serve it elsewhere as there are like 40 some odd mess halls, so he did get his turkey...although he said he wasn't sure that the mashed potatoes were really potatoes at all...My neighbors offered us a place to share dinner if we didn't already have plans.

That offer would have never arrived had we still be in the Metro D.C. area. I am so thankful that we moved. For this town, for the friends that I have made. Charlottesville, Virginia is a place where family and friends mean something. When I am feeling depressed, I am fortunate that I have friends stop by (like they know that I'm holed up) and demand that I come out and go for a walk with them. I have friends that demand I join them at the gym. I have friends that are so supportive, and I am just really lucky.

I am thankful for all that the Creator has given to me. I am truly blessed. So, on this Thanksgiving, I am thankful for family, friends and acquaintainces as well as for our U.S. Troops who are fighting in foreign lands to allow us to have the freedoms that we have. Perhaps, if we thought about that, we'd all be happier...Just for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment