Welcome

Who am I? I am a wife, a mother and a woman on a search for her true self. This blog is a recording of my search, my experiences, and my own little quirks that I've decided to share with the world.

I am also unemployed, changing professions through education, and involved in a move from one part of the country to another. This blog will also record all the trials and tribulations in my search for a realtor to sell, the communications with the realtor that I've chosen in the new area, and any and all experiences within. I look forward to the feedback.

Basically - a woman's diary - edited for the public and to share my thoughts, feelings and impressions of the world around me.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Bringing you up to date...

My name is Amy Anderson. I'm a 40 year old (soon to be 41) woman who is in the process of recreating herself. Part of this is due to the fact that I'm unemployed. I was laid off by a financial giant in December of 2008, was re-hired by that financial institution in July of 2009 and released from employment in November. Released from employment sounds so much better than "fired" doesn't it?

There was no reason, no feedback, no evaluations leading up to my "release" so I am still rather befuddled by this occasion. However, after a great deal of discussion with my husband, we've decided that at this point it would be best for me to remain at home. So, rather than call myself a "stay-at-home" mom (my son is 10 so it's not like he's at home or anything), I call myself a "Domestic Goddess." After all, I sew, I clean (even though we have someone come in every other week), I cook, I grocery shop, I drop off and pick up drycleaning, I drop off stuff to goodwill, etc. Not to mention - I. Am. A. Goddess. Huh! So, there ya go.

I am many things beyond a goddess but as I was created in the Creator's image, I am that which is divine. How about that! A good outlook, yes? I am also a diva. I sing, I write, I create. Therefore I am divilicious :)

OK, up to this point it would seem that I have no self-esteem issues. Actually, I have a great many insecurities, but those are not currently up for public consumption. I'm in a phase of my life that I'll call self-improvement. I'm working hard to become healthier - both mentally and physically - although it is true that the physical side greatly aids the mental aspect of health in regard to the "blues." I believe that exercise is the cure for most of the ills that are out there. Here's why:

1. Despite the fact I have severe arthritis in my hips, back, knees, ankles, etc. exercise has made it better - granted, losing weight has helped immensely.

2. When I exercise, I sleep better.

3. When I exercise, I lose weight. This makes me feel better about myself, which makes me friskier so I initiate intimate occasions with my spouse on a more frequent basis.

4. The seratonin high that one can achieve from working out is better than a drug, a glass of wine, and even good sex...Yes - I said it! It relaxes you, yet puts you in a fantastic frame of mind.

So those are my current reasons. For my biggest reason though, I failed to put that exercise increases the individual's ability to get healthy, stay healthy and want to make the necessary changes that we need in our lives.

I'll put this out there - in July of 2009, I weighed in at 250 pounds. I am currently 45 pounds down. I have a great deal more to lose, but I feel mahvalous dahlink. My knees don't hurt (as much), my ankles, while still stiff don't have as many twangs, twings and dings. Most of all, when I place my shrinking butt in my office chair, my ankles no longer swell to she size of grapefruits. These are all accomplishments. Being two dress sizes down doesn't hurt either. This leads to new shopping expeditions, but I digress...

Today, I'm going to shower, then run to the dump to get rid of old paint (we're cleaning out the garage) and then I'm dropping off all my fat clothes at Goodwill...However, I've got two beautiful formal dresses that I'm donating to a special charity that provides prom dresses to girls that cannot afford them. Most of those girls will be my size or larger...So it feels right and good.

Blessings to all - I'll write more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment