Welcome

Who am I? I am a wife, a mother and a woman on a search for her true self. This blog is a recording of my search, my experiences, and my own little quirks that I've decided to share with the world.

I am also unemployed, changing professions through education, and involved in a move from one part of the country to another. This blog will also record all the trials and tribulations in my search for a realtor to sell, the communications with the realtor that I've chosen in the new area, and any and all experiences within. I look forward to the feedback.

Basically - a woman's diary - edited for the public and to share my thoughts, feelings and impressions of the world around me.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Every Day Blogging

So - I'm not so good at blogging every day. It also helps to not have a kid staying home from school and barfing up their guts every hour on the hour - that has a tendency to keep a person busy doing laundry...especially when said child doesn't make it to the porcelain throne. Yucko!

Everyone told me that when I had a child, bodily functions wouldn't bother me - maybe I should rephrase that - their bodily functions wouldn't bother me...Well, whomever said that LIED! I am telling you that even as a baby, barf bothered me. Made me want to barf myself. Poop in the diaper wasn't such a big deal, but barf? Yucko! Granted, I'm not changing my 10 year old son's diapers anymore (thank the Goddess!) but barf is something else entirely.

I mean, is it really so hard to puke in a container? Granted at 3 a.m. when it all started he was sitting on the potty, and it's hard to barf in the toilet when you're sitting on it...but the tub is right there - as a matter of fact, the trash can was right there too! But did he choose either receptacle? Nope, he puked several times on himself and his pajamas and on the floor! When hubby joined us in the bathroom (a small room made even smaller)he at least made the child get in the shower. He showered himself off, then we gave him the puke covered clothing while I mopped up the floor - by hand. Hey! At least I only gagged twice. That's a HUGE improvement over the last time the child barfed in the bed. A loft bed. Ugh! That was seriously nasty.

So - other than barfing, cleaning it up, and using my genius brain to make crackers seem like a fabulous culinary experience, what have I been doing? Working out.

Yes, it is time to take control (although today was bad) - of my eating and exercise. Since I am a domestic goddess, my job is to get in shape! I did it on Tuesday and I worked out on Wednesday, but today? Today I ate. Maybe it's the hormones, but my goodness, I've been eating all day and I'm still hungry! I like to call it the "time before." Time before what you ask? Time before the monthly visitor appears. I've been eating since I got up at 7:30 a.m. I had yogurt and then oatmeal. Let's not forget coffee, then tea, then water, then a small salad, then jelly beans (Jelly Belly Sour jelly beans totally rock!), then ice cream, then a sandwich, then steak and corn on the cob - literally, I'm a walking, talking garbage disposal. Ugh! And did I work out today? No, unless you count walking back and forth from the table to the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment