Welcome

Who am I? I am a wife, a mother and a woman on a search for her true self. This blog is a recording of my search, my experiences, and my own little quirks that I've decided to share with the world.

I am also unemployed, changing professions through education, and involved in a move from one part of the country to another. This blog will also record all the trials and tribulations in my search for a realtor to sell, the communications with the realtor that I've chosen in the new area, and any and all experiences within. I look forward to the feedback.

Basically - a woman's diary - edited for the public and to share my thoughts, feelings and impressions of the world around me.

Friday, March 12, 2010

Medium


So - I'm a medium. What does this mean? Well, for some I can equate it to either the movie, "The Sixth Sense" where the little boy states "I see dead people." So - do I really see them? Sometimes. Mostly, I hear them. And no, I'm not crazy or schizophrenic.

When I was 6 I started to see things out of the corner of my eye. By the time I was 10, I could fully concentrate and see in focus those things that flit in and out of our awareness. When I was 10 I had mononucleosis. I had a very high fever and was hallucinating. This was about the same time that the movie "Amityville Horror" was released and the movie previews freaked me out. Well, when I was at home sick, there was an old black couple that would come and take care of me. Betsy was her name. She called him "the Mister" so that's what I called him. Miss Betsy and Mister would tell me that everything was gonna be alright, and she'd sit on the side of my bed and rub my back and gently stroke my head. It was comforting. Betsy and Mister hung out with me a lot when I was younger. They took the scary thoughts away and made everything okay. They were protectors. I called them my angels.

See, my house was near an old cemetery. Betsy and Mister showed me where they were buried. Betsy was Betsy Mills and Mister was Samuel Mills. Both were freed slaves and had taken care of the children and family of the plantation on the land where our neighborhood was. I don't know what the name of the plantation was. I was real happy to know that Betsy and Sam had known freedom though.

When I was 17 and a senior in high school, other spirits came to visit. It was almost a constant. I was very involved in my church and had been elected as President of the MYF - Methodist Youth Fellowship - within my church. I had felt the light of God within my heart and felt that I could trust my Minister with my problem. I knew that this wasn't a curse of the devil, but that is exactly what he told me. This enraged me...it was also when I broke from my Christian faith - not my relationship with God - that has evolved and become so much more - but the Christian faith as a whole. I can go on and on about the hypocrisy of Christianity and those who say they follow the path of Jesus, but that will lead to a great deal of negativity and I'm sharing a path of knowledge in this blog and not negativity and prejudice.

So - the summer I was 19, after flunking out of college - well, I didn't flunk exactly. I received a 1.2 gpa. They told me I could take a semester off to think about what I wanted to do with my education and that I could return on academic probation. I took that semester, moved down to Orlando and got a job with Disney. In the meantime, every time I wasn't working I was at Casa Dega. When I had been at the University of Florida, I participated in a study with their psychology department in regard to paranormal studies. As someone who "spoke with the dead," my psychology professor my Freshman year (when I was living at home and actually attending classes - I got a B in psych 101) felt that I would be a good candidate for the study. The first thing they did was make sure you didn't have a psychosis (schizophrenia, etc.) that would lead to hallucinations, hearing voices, seeing ghosts, etc. Once it was determined that I was mentally healthy, they did all kinds of tests. Psychometry, the study of energy and feelings that someone can get from an object, telekinesis, mediumship, clairvoyance, etc. I am a medium and can use psychometry. I am not a clairvoyant nor can I read minds. Most of those online "Are You Psychic" tests, I fail. However, when the good researchers began to research with me in regard to contacting the dead, that was where I excelled. They attended a psychic camp with me at Casa Dega which is near Daytona Beach, Florida. I attended seminars in how to control my "gift" (it can be a HUGE distraction) and the researchers learned more about how mediumship, psychometry and many other psychic gifts work with people who are Masters of their gift.

As a result of my work with the University of Florida and Casa Dega, I am a registered, certified psychic. Wild, huh? Now, do I make any money off of it? Nope. Mostly, I try to hide it from my family. They don't believe...well, some do - mostly it's my mom and dad.

However, during this time, I met up with some folks who practiced an ancient religion called Wicca. Actually, Wicca itself is not ancient, although the rites and rituals can be considered prior to Christianity. Gardnerian Wicca came about in the late 40s or early 50s and was called the Age of the Golden Dawn. It is a belief in the use and power of harnessing the Earth's energies to use for good. The tenet of the Witch "Do as you will as long as you harm none" is a good and true use of Magick. It has to do with free will. For example, the power of prayer - we all know it works, right? It really does. I know it does. Well, when you cast a circle, either as a solitary practioner or within a coven (or group), and you call the towers and welcome sacredness into your circle - when you ask for what you want - that is prayer. The difference is in how it is done. Some can see and feel the energy as it is being cast, others cannot. It is definitely how sensitive one is to the energy that can be raised. As a psychic, I am extremely sensitive, and for me, the practice of this earth based religion has strengthened my relationship with God, the Goddess, and the Creator. It has also strengthened my "gift."

So - why am I writing about this? I just needed to. It is a burden at times to hear those who left with unfinished business. I am also contemplating using this gift of mine as the basis for a business. We'll see what happens.

On another note, my kittens turned one today. They've been with our family since last June of 2009, and they are a joy, a pleasure and they can also be a pain (like when they're chasing each other around the house and they knock a lamp off the table).

Blessings to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment